Monday, March 26, 2012

Oakland Half Marathon

My training was not strong for this race... but I decided to do my best... slow and steady... and, thanks to the very flat course, ended up with my second best time (this was my 4th half marathon). No stopping, no walking. Lots of pain. Realized that somewhere around 9 miles I begin to question WHY I do this, and it is where pain begins to creep in, with resistance to that pain... And somewhere around 11/12 miles the acceptance of that pain (endorphins?!)... kicked it up a gear for that last .1 (thank you crowd/adrenaline/endorphins)... and now... I'm looking forward to my NEXT half marathon (and better training, maybe be in front of the run/walkers!)... See Jane Run in Alameda, June 3rd...

Packed in like cattle but grateful for a dry, but chilly, day (it had been forecast for a miserable rain)...

When I saw this woman in the distance I thought she may be a pacer and I wondered what pace we were keeping... turns out she held the "Party Pace"!... good enough for me...



The course took us by two of my previous living spaces in Jack London District.. this was the first!

This is the second... The Phoenix Lofts (actually lived in two different units here)...


I did it!...


My greeting committee! {heart}



My official finishing time... turns out, thanks to the flat course, it was my second best time...


No comments:

Post a Comment