Monday, November 8, 2010

Tapering

Tapering... it's another psychological hurdle. Seems easy enough; do less and less for 3 weeks until the race. But it's not. I feel like I'm not doing enough. I worry that I am losing conditioning. I fret once again about the distance! The theory is that once you have built up the conditioning you need to give your body a break so that it can rebuild and heal. Because apparently fatigue accumulates. I will admit that around the 12 mile long runs I was feeling a little beaten up. Strong, but beaten up. Over the last two weeks I tapered my long runs down to 8 miles. Only 8 miles... haha! Never thought I'd say that!... This week prior to the race I am supposed to do very little, just two short, but speedy, runs and a walk... In a couple days I am supposed to start carb-loading! What can I say? Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

No comments:

Post a Comment